Thursday, October 29, 2009

Was George Right?

Lately one episode of "Seinfeld" has been ringing in my ears. I can't remember much about it except that something good had just happened to George and he becomes very nervous and paranoid. His reasoning was that, nothing good happens just by itself. It is always accompanied by a bad even that is as bad as the good event is good.

I laughed along with everyone else. "That's a good one, George. That George, what a flake."

But yesterday, I had some very good news. I can't go into it now, but I promise to reveal it in a future post. I'm all smiles and having a good time chatting to my buddies at the company I founded, when I get a call. It's my ex-wife - who only calls me directly when something bad has happened to one of my daughters. I can't bear to answer, so I send it to voice male. After my cold sweat subsides (her name and voice always seem to do that to me), I check the message. My #2 daughter has a suspicious lump on her neck. My good news paled in comparison to this shock. This 17 year old is the happiest, most upbeat, well adjusted (and talented and smart and . . .[I could keep going on]) person I have ever known. I immediately call her and she's taking it like a trooper. They did a biopsy and we'll know more on Monday. I know it is just an inflamed cyst or swollen lymph node and nothing more. I reassure her. We joke around like we always do. Everything is going to be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment