Friday, December 18, 2009

Couldn't be Closer to Closing

I never like to go more than a week without blogging. Need to keep regularity in my life and those of my readers. But this week, things really started heating up with the sale of my Internet company.

Its been an emotional roller coaster like you wouldn't believe. The CEO wants to stay on, then he doesn't, then he wants to consult. My senior IT guy doesn't like the Non-Compete contract. The buyers are throwing deadlines at us. People are making promises that aren't being kept. OhMyGoshness . . .

I now have to deal with my closest colleague who is purporting something that isn't. Excuse the vagueness, but these are very confidential and touchy proceedings and I don't want to disclose anything I shouldn't be. It's the nature of the beast. You should be satisfied that you are getting this much. After everything is all said and done, I'll provide you with some of the juicy details.

But my philosophy continues to be - take the high road. Fore go some cash, add on some risk . . . whatever. If my mind is free of negativity its worth it.

The good news is that I was told today that we have a very good chance of closing before Xmas and what a Merry Christmas (even though I'm Jewish) it could be this year. Mazel Tov Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment