Friday, December 19, 2008

Omaha. Here I come. Nope.

I'm suppose to be on a plane right now. A plane to Omaha. Why am I sitting here in front of my computer and not on a plane to Omaha? The Hartford airport is gridlocked. I somehow got bumped ( I guess I don't rate with Delta) and there is craziness there with a big winter storm coming in later this morning.

It's really too bad. The Omaha Public Library had me scheduled for a while and gave me a big spot on their web site (see event posting). I was also suppose to be at Harrah's and a bookstore. But when it snows it snows. I hope they understand my predicament. Maybe we can reschedule. So it looks like I'll be working from home today, building my online poker courses, scheduling future events, making a few calls and emails etc. etc. . And of course, the snowed in day will allow me to have some good time with my 2 year old daughter and my 3 month old son. Maybe it's god's way of telling me to slow down and enjoy the simple and truly important things in life. Utah and Willie would approve.

1 comment:

  1. have a great snow day! we're all ready with firewood, sand and hot chocolate - with marshmallows :).

    ReplyDelete